Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Another Pleasant Valley Sunday . . .

If the title of this blog caused any of you to suffer the Monkee's song "Pleasant Valley Sunday" being played in your head on an endless loop, I apologize. However, that would make you feel my pain, because EVERY time I see the Pleasant Valley Inn sign in Young, the song starts playing and doesn't stop. And since the Pleasant Valley Inn is on the same street as the ranch, and I've been at the ranch for a week, well, you get the idea. It is a lovely song, but I'm sick. Of. It. Playing. In. My. Head.

It was Pleasant Valley Days this weekend in Young. There were wagon rides, and horse rides, and creek visits, and sparklers, and bungee jumping (just in our front yard involving a clothesline and bungee cords, but still) and Abi's birthday ding-dongs and lots and lots of cousin time. Fun all around, and I ended up with three exhausted kids by Sunday Night.

These are pictures from Haigler creek on Sunday Morning. Billy got to be the King of the rocks, and I bet that boy threw 150 rocks from his perch. What could be more fun than throwing rocks? It was beautiful at the creek, and a nice, cool break from the heat of the ranch.




Emi and Chloe stuck together like glue, as usual, and Ellie tried her best to keep up. I did have to keep telling Ellie not to drink the water. Um, gross.






No comments: