Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Photo Shoot of all photo shoots

Okay, for Christmas, we decided that we would get Grandma and Grandpa a nice picture of all 7 grandkids. What a great idea, right? Well, seeing that we were all super busy before Christmas we didn't get it done in time. Instead, we got them a nice, big frame and the promise of a future picture. Well, it truly is the thought that counts, right? Last night, I gathered the family at my house for THE PHOTO SHOOT. We tried, we truly did. Chauncey was so sweet and handsome, and tried to get the little ones interested. Abi was tired and screaming. Ellie was unsure and NOT smiling. at all. ever. Hayden was being a little bit goofy, and Billy, well, let's just say Billy was diggin' for gold. I have to say that Emily and Chloe smiled a million smiles and looked adorable in almost every picture. What sweet girls they are. Out of the 200 or so pictures I snapped, we did not get a single, decent picture that included all 7 grandkids. I was showing AC the BEST one and he said, "Yeah, that's pretty bad. Now show me the good one you took." I glared. We did manage a few cute pictures, just no big "winner winner, chicken dinner" pictures.
Notice billy's finger- I'm not sure if he managed to get anything good or not . . .

Chauncey really was trying, and doesn't Hayden look THRILLED here?


And my favorite of all night- what a cute trio of boys.
Even if we didn't get a great picture, or even a mediocre one, we had fun. Grandma sprang for pizza, and made a delicious salad, and we watched the Cardinals win in a playoff game. I guess there is a limit of one miracle per evening, and the Cardinals winning a playoff game was it- not a picture of all 7 kids. smiling. not picking. not grimacing. I would have been happy with 5 out of 7 decent looking kids, but alas, it was just not meant to be. We tried- we truly did.



3 comments:

Michelle said...

That must have been a fun night. Billy is very fond of that nose. The three boys look so handsome and I love the one of Travis and the kiddos. You were probably exhausted x 7 when you were done :)

Erin said...

Yup, that about sums it up! The one of Travis is pretty cute- he's pretty photogenic, that brother of mine!

russellmaynard said...

That is just classic hilarity! I, having missed the big event, feel as though I was actually there... "Billy, get your finger out of your nose..." See. Erin, you're a good daughter for even trying to attempt this elusive urban myth of a photo!