Monday, November 24, 2008

World's Worst Auntie!

Okay, so we were at my parents' house the other night for dinner with the rest of the family for no reason other than Bill and Bette were actually in town. I was in the front driveway chatting with Babs and Natalie and her kids (mine weren't there yet) when sweet Abi heads toward the large fountain. "She's going to get her hands wet" was the general consensus from the adults as we watched her progress. Well, seeing that Abi has just learned to walk, her balance isn't quite 100% yet, and when she leaned in to put her hands in the fountain, she did a header and her whole little self plunged in. Natalie, being the super mom that she is, rushed over and pulled her out. Me, being the worst auntie ever, rushed to my bag and pulled my camera out. I SWEAR that if there hadn't been two other capable adults nearby, I would have gone for the baby first. But, seeing that all's well that ends well, I got a great picture of a soaking and (rare) crying Abi- and she's wearing the perfect shirt. Well, she was scared and cried for about 1 minute (that's a lOOOOONG cry for Abi) then got her shoes and was happy again. I think we have a Carrie Bradshaw in the making- shoes make her very happy. I love you Abi, and I love this picture!


4 comments:

russellmaynard said...

HA! Love it. Parenting rules aside, it was a pretty funny moment and it wouldn't have been the same without the camera...Best Auntie Ever!

Katy said...

well someone had to save and someone had to shoot..i mean really?? poor Abi..i do love the photo though!

Erin said...

I'm glad you don't think I'm awful, and hopefully you will trust your children with me- I'll always rescue first, shoot pics second. :)

Michelle said...

That pic is priceless. I would have grabbed my camera too and let someone else grab!