Thursday, November 27, 2008

Harry Monster and Pink Kitty




While at my parents' house the other night (see previous post) my mom handed me a box with a few of my old things in it. I found my old bestest friends, Harry Monster and Pink Kitty. As frightening as they look now, they were my pals from around 3- 6 years of age. I used to sleep with them and brush their very matted and not brushable fur, and I distinctly remember Harry Monster watching Sesame Street with me on a daily basis, hence his creative name. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with these two, but I can't just throw them away. And I have a feeling that in about 30 years I'll be giving Hayden a scraggly Mr. Bear, Chloe a decrepit Lambie, and Ellie an entire box of Mo-Mos. I never loved these two as much as my kids love their lovies, but I understand how they feel, and they can drag Mr. Bear, Lambie and MoMo everywhere they go for as long as they like. And Mommy will keep them forever.


No comments: