Friday, October 2, 2009

CA Fun

What do you do when your kids have 2 days off from school? Pull them out for a third and head to CA! I picked up H and C from school an hour early and we headed out straight from there. I had to drive into the sun a bit, but it wasn't too bad. And all three kids fell asleep around 8:30, so I had an hour of peace and quiet. It was none too soon, because Chloe talked or sang from the moment I picked her up from school, until she said "I'm tired" around 8:15. I didn't know anyone's vocal cords could last that long. I love her little voice and all, but sheesh- my ears were buzzing.
First stop: the beach. Grandma and Aunt Pam were there finishing off their girls' week. Nothing like crashing the party! It was nice spending time with Aunt Pam. The kids adore her, and were talking at her the entire time!


Chloe was having a little trouble with sand in her pants this time. They were having a heat wave over there, so the water was actually warm enough that all three kids went in. I didn't go in, but nothing new in that.

We ended up buying an annual pass to Legoland, and went on Saturday afternoon and all day Monday. The kids had a blast, it wasn't too crowded, and I only took about 4 pictures. This one's cute- Ellie was not sure of the Ogre on the storybook ride, so big Brother wrapped his arm around her and pointed out all of the fun stuff. Awwww. Don't worry, it didn't last. Five minutes later he was calling her "butthead" then getting charged $1 for the ugly word.


I wish I could say Ellie was sweet as could be the whole time, but she wasn't. We had an unintentional run-in with Annatto, and she had the fits to prove it. It was u-g-l-y. Poor girl. Now we are home and back to our routine, and looking forward to heading back in November!



1 comment:

Kara said...

I LOVE that pic of Hayden with his arm around little sis. That's a keeper. BOO annato!!