Thursday, June 11, 2009

Yuck.

AC took Hayden fishing while in Prescott last weekend. They caught nary a fish, but managed to catch 42 Crawdads. I remember catching crawdads when I was little, and it was a lot of fun. So I understood that part. We did not, however, EAT the crawdads we caught. Yup, that's right. My husband and son decided to cook 'em up and have a little crawdad fest. AC looked up a few recipes online, then proceeded to boil alive the little critters. I reminded him that Crawdads were bottom dwellers- who knows what they ingest. He was not deterred.
Hayden ate 6 or 7 of them, and said they weren't bad. He even made me try one. Not my favorite thing. He was proud of his catch, and its nice to know we could catch our dinner if we can't afford groceries.


Chloe and Ellie wisely chose not to participate in the feast. Chloe did pick one up, and was a very brave little girl. Don't they look disgusting pre-cooking?

This is pretty much why I don't eat seafood. It retains its full pre-food shape up until you rip its head off. I'm proud of Hayden for trying new things and all, but all I can say is
YUCK!

1 comment:

Katy said...

They actually look tasty on the plate cooked with lemon wedges!! I think I'd refrain too!